The ITELab (Initial Teacher Education Lab) project was a European project, coordinated by European Schoolnet and co-funded under the European Commissions’ Erasmus+ Program (Cooperation and Innovation for Good Practices, Knowledge Alliances for higher education). The project started in January, 2017 and was successfully completed in December, 2019.
Within the ITELab project, the team of the chair of school pedagogy, University of Würzburg, was responsible for the project evaluation. This included organizing and coordinating the piloting of the contents developed in the course of the project as well as collecting, evaluating and interpreting data for these pilots. The evaluation reports have been published in 2018 and 2019.
For more information, see the project poster, the project brochure and the project homepage. Here, you can also find all sources mentioned above .If you have further questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Support and prepare student teachers for dynamic, modern and media-supported C21st classrooms, with the digital competences required for the use of ICT in teaching and learning.
- Better integrate ICT within ITE curricula and boost innovation within higher education institutions.
- Address the ‘disconnect‘ between ITE and the continuing professional development of teachers.
- ITE Monitoring Reports: providing summary of latest published research and reports; institutional frameworks for integration of ICT in teacher curricula; challenges and recommendations
- ITE Case studies: frameworks for change; innovative approaches to integrating ICT in Initial Teacher Education; University-School collaboration & University-Industry collaboration; Teacher educator competences
- Student Teacher Voice: the concerns and requirements of student teachers; student teachers call to policymakers and institutions to be digital confident for C21st teaching
- Recommendation and resources to support innovation within ITE: the design concept and approach behind developing the ITELab module framework; module development, testing and learning; recommendations
- Course ITE Teaching Module Frameworks (A-B-C) and MOOC: Three modular frameworks (open source) to be adapted and used flexibly in initial teacher education, and a MOOC. The topics addressed are “Teaching, Learning & Professional Development for Beginning Teachers“, “Designing for Learning“, and “Working with Learners“. The MOOC is about “The Networked Teacher: Teaching in the 21st Century“.
- Briefing Papers: a series of short perspectives
- Evaluation Reports: Results and evaluation by University of Würzburg (organized and conducted by our team of school pedagogy)
- Quality Assurance Reports: QA procedures, the work of the Pedagogical Board and Independent Evaluator
- Dissemination and Exploitation: Dissemination sources
- European Schoolnet
- University College, Dublin, Ireland
- University of Newcastler, Upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
- Instituto Politecnico de Santarem, Santarem, Portugal
- Universitetet I Agder, Kristiansand, Norway
- University degli Studi di Perugia, Perugia, Italy
- Steelcase SA, Schiltgheim, France
- Iris Connect LTD, Brighton, United Kingdom
- Smart Technologies (Germany) GmbH, Bonn, Germany
- Microsoft Ireland Operations Limited, Dublin, Ireland