Deutsch Intern
  • Studierende vor dem Zentralen Hörsaal und Seminargebäude (Z6) am Hubland Süd-Campus
  • Menschen am Main mit Blick auf die alte Mainbrücke, das Käppele und die Festung Marienberg.
Institute of Education

Consulting and contact

Student Advisor

Jasmina Jovanovic & Eva Zimmer

Chair of Philosophy of Education

Oswald-Külpe-Weg 86
97074 Würzburg


Building: Hubland Nord, Geb. 86


Do you have a question about the Bachelor of Education program? Then take a look at the...


Do you have questions about the Bachelor of Education program? Here you will learn how to find answers:

  1. The first thing you should do here is to read our FAQs. Many answers, contact information and tips can already be found here.
  2. If you do not find any answers in our FAQs, you can contact our consulting team via email at or by using the contact form.
  3. If you would like to arrange a personal meeting with a member of our team, please note their office hours.

You can find many answers to questions about the BA program in Education in Würzburg here in our FAQs.

Is there an introductory course?

At the beginning of the winter semester there will be an introductory course for the B.A. Pedagogy of the Chair of Systematic Educational Science. Time, date and place can be found on WueStudy and will also be announced via the news on the  chair's website.


Are there any other events on the topic of the beginning of studies?

Every year in the winter semester, the Student Council Initiative for Pedagogy (Pädini) organizes "Ersti-Tage" for first-year students. This is an opportunity to get to know the city, the students and the university.


How do I create my timetable?

For the creation of your timetable, the study plan serves as an exemplary template, which you can use to structure your own studies. During the "Ersti-Tage" of the Pädini you have the possibility to participate in a course on this topic. Guidance is also available from the central student advisory service.


What is WueCampus?

WueCampus is the university's teaching-learning platform. To get access to, for example, your course rooms and literature needed for seminars, you can log in with your university account and password.


What is WueStudy?

WueStudy is the university's study portal. You can log in with your university account and password to, for example, create your timetable, register for exams or view grades.


What should I base my decision for the minor on?

The choice of minor must be made individually; there is no blanket answer to this. For example, you can base your decision for your minor on personal interests or choose a subject that is complementary or opposite to the study of education. In addition, you could choose it based on your career aspirations.


Who can I contact if I have general questions about the B.A. program at the Faculty of Human Sciences?

Subject-specific information can usually be found on the websites of the respective institute or chair. If you have further questions, you can contact the subject coordinator: Ms. Petra Schulze, Tel.: +49 931 31-84804, E-Mail:


Is a stay abroad possible during the studies?

You have the possibility to do an internship abroad  or to study there.  The Institute of Education currently has an ERASMUS agreement with several European universities to allow study abroad. For those interested, there is an International Evening held annually in the summer.


I didn't get into my seminar - now what?

If you register regularly via WueStudy for your events with three priorities, you are guaranteed a place - even if it is not your preferred date. Subsequent enrollment or a new assignment are not possible.


Is a change of minor or major possible?

Yes, a change of minor means a change of program or subject. In the case of an admission-free minor subject, you can simply change. Please note, however, whether the minor subject must be taken every semester. In the case of a minor subject with restricted admission, you must apply regularly and in due time. If you have any questions, please contact the academic advisor. If you wish to change your major in order to study in major-major combination in the future, you must reapply for Pedagogy and, if applicable, for the other major as well. You can receive credit for work already completed in pedagogy within the first semester.


What is the maximum duration of study and are there extension options?

The standard length of study for Bachelor's programs at JMU is six semesters. The maximum duration of study is eight semesters.


Studying with a chronic illness or disability?

Please inform yourself about possibilities and contact persons in the FAQ "Questions about compensation for disadvantages" below.


Studying as parents or during pregnancy?

The Family Service  of the University of Würzburg offers assistance and support for parents and pregnant women.


How do I get information if I have questions regarding general study matters, e.g. re-registration, leave of absence, enrollment, exmatriculation?

Please contact the Student Office. The staff can help you with all kinds of study matters. Special contact person for the topics application and admission in the subject Pedagogy is: Ms. Deubel, Phone: +49 931 31-82532 or +49 931 31-825320, E-Mail:


Do you have a question about taking a semester off?

In general, you can take a leave of absence in any semester. Exception: A leave of absence in the 1st semester is excluded. As a rule, only two semesters of leave can be taken per course of study (exception: bringing up children). The application is made in the Student Office. An application for a semester of leave must always be justified, e.g. internship, semester abroad, raising children. The application must be submitted together with the re-registration, at the latest one month after the start of lectures. A retroactive leave of absence for previous semesters is not possible. If you have any further questions, please contact the Student Office.

I have already acquired pedagogy achievements within the framework of another study program - how can I have these credited?

An application for recognition of achievements from previous degree programs can only be submitted once within the first semester of study in the new degree program at JMU. You can find more information on the information page of the examination board.


Overslept exam registration - can I re-register?

Late registration is not possible.


How often may exams/homework be written?

Except for the module Grundbegriffe der Bildungswissenschaft (06-Päd-GBW), all modules may be repeated as often as desired. The module Grundbegriffe der Bildungswissenschaft is a foundation and orientation examination and must therefore be passed by the end of the third semester. If you fail an exam, the 5.0 will not appear on your transcript. You have the option of taking exams the next semester without having to retake the course. However, forms of exams may vary. You will also need to register again for the exams on WueStudy.


Can I hand in homework one semester later?

Term papers must be handed in by the specified date. In exceptional cases, special arrangements can be made after consultation with the lecturer. You have the option of taking exams the next semester without having to retake the course. However, forms of exams may vary. You will also need to register again for the exams on WueStudy.


What do I have to keep in mind during my compulsory pedagogical internship?

The duration of the internship is eight weeks in total, a division into two four-week periods is also possible. It is a full-time internship. The compulsory internship is designed to accompany your studies so that you can gain an insight into possible pedagogical fields of work and be prepared for your career entry. The fields of activity and areas of work that are considered are therefore basically those for which you are qualified by your degree and in which pedagogical action can be reflected against the background of the theory-guided occupation in your studies. You are basically responsible for the search, the timely registration as well as the submission of the necessary certificate after completion of the internship. The pedagogy study portal on WueCampus offers suggestions, assistance and contact persons for the search via the internship database.


Where can I find specifications for the preparation of scientific papers?

Formalities and citation styles may vary depending on the chair. The guidelines of the Chair of Systematic Educational Science, for example, can be found in the study portal Pedagogy on WueCampus under the tab Guidelines. If you have questions beyond this, contact the lecturers.


Who do I contact if I have personal questions relevant to the examination?

Please contact the examination office. Your contact persons are: Ms. Hufschmidt: Tel.: +49 931 31-81604; Ms. Meister: Tel.: +49 931 31-86889; Mr. Putz: Tel.: +49 931 31-88434; Ms. Sturm-Kirchgassner: Tel.: +49 931 31-89709; Mr. Schön: Tel.: +49 931 31-88448; E-Mail:


Who do I contact for exam-related questions of a technical nature?

Please contact the support of WueStudy.


Who do I contact if I have legal questions relevant to the examination?

Please contact the examination office. Your contact person is: Mr. Jens Orth, Tel.: +49 931 31-82236, E-Mail:

How do I register my Bachelor thesis?

You can choose your thesis supervisor from among the lecturers of the Bachelor's degree program in Education. You must contact this person independently. After confirmation by and extensive consultation with the supervisor, you must submit an application  for the bachelor thesis to the examination office.

What needs to be taken into account when writing the Bachelor thesis?

There should be a particularly detailed and continuous communication between the student and the lecturer. A guideline for writing a Bachelor's thesis can be found in the study portal Pedagogy on WueCampus under the tab Guidelines.

How do I get my Bachelor's certificate?

As soon as you have all passed examinations and they are booked in WueStudy, you can apply for the issuance of the certificate. Possible corrections must be made before the application is submitted. The certificate must be requested in writing. If possible, hand in the application  personally at the examination office.

For students with a disability or chronic illness, studying is often more difficult. Regulations on compensation for disadvantages are intended to ensure that these students have equal study and examination conditions. At the University of Würzburg, there is a central point of contact with the KIS - Contact and Information Center for Students with Disabilities and Chronic Illness. There you will find information about disadvantage compensation regulations and additional support options during your studies.


What options are available for admission to studies as a first-year student?

For cases of hardship, 2% of the study places of a study program are reserved. In addition, you can apply for disadvantage compensation to improve the average grade of the Abitur or the waiting period. If you would like to submit a corresponding application with your application for a study place, please note the information  and requirements for these special applications.

What options are there for exams in my studies?

The KIS  will help you with regard to compensation for disadvantages in examinations. There you will find a corresponding "Information brochure on compensation for disadvantages". This also explains the areas of "diagnosed dyslexia and dyscalculia.


What should I consider in any case and who are further contact persons?

We ask you to contact the Dean of Studies of the Faculty in any case in order to plan concrete measures. The Faculty of Human Sciences has also appointed a representative  for students with disabilities and chronic illnesses. The KIS maintains an overview  of all current faculty representatives at the University of Würzburg.

Contact form of the student advisory service for pedagogy

Contact form