Prof. Dr. Regina Egetenmeyer is very glad to invite you to a special ICAE (International Council for Adult Education) workshop with many interesting international experts in December at the Professorship for Adult and Continuing Education at the University of Würzburg:
- Sturla Bjerkaker, has a long standing involvement in international advocacy. He was first elected to the ICAE Board in 1998, and he played a key role in its rejuvenation of ICAE after 2000 culminating in a period as Treasurer from 2011-2015. He also served as vice President of EAEA. In his professional life he led the Nordic Folk High School Academy, and was General Secretary of VOFO, the Norwegian Association for Adult Learning,
- Mats Ehn, has worked for the Swedish folk high school organisations, leading their international co-operation work. Mats played a key role in the 2011 World Assembly of ICAE. He is a member of the Board of Nordic Folk High School Council and of ICAE,
- Ricarda Motschilnig, is the Policy Officer of the ICAE, and previously worked in a similar role in the European Association for the Education of Adults,
- Niamh O'Reilly, is CEO of AONTAS, the Irish National Adult Learning Organisation, and was an Executive Board member of the EAEA (2011-2017). AONTAS is a member of ICAE,
- Katarina Popovic, is general Secretary of ICAE and Professor of Adult Education at the University of Belgrade. Before taking on the leadership of ICAE in 2014, Katarina was a member of the EAEA Board, worked with DVV-International, and led Serbia’s adult education association,
- Sir Alan Tuckett, was for 23 years the CEO of the National Institute of Adult Continuing Education in England and Wales. He was President of ICAE from 2011-2015.
This workshop will explore the origins, development and current role of the International Council for Adult Education in supporting the right of adults to education, and the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals. The International Council for Adult Education is the global membership body for adult education associations, is recognised by UNESCO as “the international voice” of adult education, and has associate status at the YN’s ECOSOC.
The seminar is led by Professor Sir Alan Tuckett, who is Past President of ICAE, with contributions from its General Secretary Professor Katarina Popovic, and her colleague Ricarda Moschling, as well as from regional and national experts with experience of its work. The participants – who will mainly be students – should gain a deep insight into the role of adult education advocacy in international policy development processes. For graduates in adult education it is critically important to understand the linkage between local activities and global developments. The workshop is linked with the seminar “The role of adult learning and education in the different perspectives on lifelong learning offered by UNESCO, OECD and the European Union”, which Prof. Sir Alan Tuckett leads for Master students in adult education.
See also our flyer.
Day1 | December 5
Morning (tba) | Cultural Programme
01.30 p.m. | Arrival
02.15 p.m. | Session 1 | UNESCO, UN policies and ICAE
- Introduction to the seminar – Alan Tuckett
- A voice for adult educators. The origins and development of ICAE, 1974-2000 - Alan Tuckett and Sturla Bjerkaker
- Renewal – from Toronto to Uruguay and Manila: policies , politics, funding - Sturla Bjerkaker and Katarina Popovic
04.00 p.m. | Session 2 | About ICAE
- International advocacy – what is involved? Examples from CONFINTEA VI and its Mid Term Review, and UIL-ICAE co-operation - Katarina Popovic and Ricarda Motschilnig
- Relations with regions and national member organisations - Mats Ehn, Niamh O’Reilly and Sturla Bjerkaker
07.00 p.m. dinner in the city of Würzburg (on own expenses)
Day 2 | December 6
09.15 a.m. | Session 3 | ICAE, UNESCO and the Sustainable Development Goals
- UNESCO, UIL and adult learning and education: Why partner with ICAE?
- UN SDG Process – Towards New York and then implementing the SDGs – the role of HPLF, GCE, ICAE and its members - Alan Tuckett, Katarina Popovic and Ricarda Motschilnig
11.00 a.m. | Session 4 | Challenges for ICAE
- Current challenges - Katarina Popovic, Ricarda Motschilnig, Mats Ehn and Niamh O’Reilly
- Future challenges – AI and the 4th industrial revolution, climate change, demographic change, migration – and the role of international agencies - Each speaker and the group
- Conclusions: Alan Tuckett
01.00 a.m. | End of Workshop
Im KOPROF-Projekt 'Konturen der Professionsentwicklung in der beruflichen Weitebildung' wurden in verschiedenen Einrichtungen der beruflichen Weiterbildung Interviews, Befragungen und Gruppendiskussionen durchgeführt. Dabei wurde umfangreiches Datenmaterial zu den aktuellen Tätigkeitsfeldern und professionellen Strukturen innerhalb dieser Einrichtungen erhoben, analysiert und mit der aktuellen Professionalisierungdebatte in der beruflichen Weiterbildung verknüpft. Am 7.6.2018 hat der KOPROF- Praxisworkshop stattgefunden, um zu Projektende die Ergebnisse zu präsentieren und einen Austausch über die Professionalisierung in der Weiterbildung zu ermöglichen.
Für weitere Informationen:
Am 16. und 17. Februar 2018 fand an der Julius-Maximilians-Universität in Würzburg die Internationale Konferenz "Lifelong Learning Policies and Adult Education Professionals Contextual and Cross-Contextual Comparisons between Europa and Asia" statt. Inhaltlich lag der Schwerpunkt bei dieser Konferenz besonders auf der international-komparativen Perspektive hinsichtlich Fragen des Lebenslangen Lernens, kulturelle und strukturale Paradigmen des Phänomens und der Professionalisierung in der Erwachsenenbildung auf der Meso- und Mikroebene.
Für weitere Informationen:
Ziel der ISCAE-Konferenz, vom, 15.02 - 16.02.2017, war es, eine Plattform zu bieten, um Methoden, Ergebnisse und Forschungsstudien in der vergleichenden Erwachsenen- und Weiterbildung zu diskutieren.
Dadurch sollte der aktuelle Stand der Forschung dokumentiert und weiterentwickelt werden.
Die 6. ISCAE-Konferenz hatte den Schwerpunkt auf methodische Fragen in der vergleichenden Erwachsenenbildung gelegt.
Für weitere Informationen: